Stand Together to “Make A Better Day for You and Me”

On January 28, 1985 Lionel Richie, Quincy Jones and the late Michael Jackson put together (literally) a Band of Brothers (and Sisters) to perform the now iconic single “We are the World” for African famine relief. The record raised more than $30 million and set a precedent for celebrity involvement in charitable causes.

Last evening new band of brothers and sisters, some of whom were not even born when the original single was produced, convened in the same studio as their predecessors. Together they sang to celebrate the Silver Anniversary of the single by recording a 2010 version to raise funds for the victims of earthquake-ravaged Haiti.

The 100-strong chorus crooned for over six hours and included such artists as: Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Tony Bennett, Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Drake, LL Cool J, and will.i.am of Black Eyed Peas, as well as Justin Bieber, Wyclef Jean, Pink, Jeff Bridges, Vince Vaughn, Usher, Akon, T-Pain, Lil Wayne, Toni Braxton, Snoop Dogg and Josh Groban among others.

WATW!

Recognizing that times are tough for all—we at hireheels.com ask you to support these efforts and the people of Haiti any way possible. The video for the single will be premiered on February 12, 2010 on NBC at the opening of the Vancouver Olympic games. Information on purchasing the single, which is still in production, is forthcoming. We’ll keep you posted.

Remember HireHeelers… You and Me are the collective WE—We are the World—so let’s stand tall (as we have so many times before). Together we can affect REAL change, protect those who are less fortunate and speak for those who don’t have the power or ability to speak for themselves.

Photo credit: “We Are The World 25 Years for Haiti” recording session held at Jim Henson Studios in Hollywood, California. Credit: Kevin Mazur / WireImage.

hireheels

8 Comments

boogie7167

well sis it good to see ya back and your right we are all in this togather

sistachristian_louboutin

Thanks boogie. let’s hope the band can help those who were so devastated. and thanks for RT-ing all of my silly snark.
cheers,
sis

foxyladi14

we are all brothers and sisters and must help one another

rancho

this is showing that we are bond with each other with a sincerity
we are the one it should be remember.

John Cotsmur

I want to show thanks to the writer just for bailing me out of such a dilemma. After looking out through the search engines and getting proposals which were not productive, I was thinking my life was well over. Being alive devoid of the answers to the issues you’ve fixed as a result of your main guideline is a serious case, and ones that could have badly damaged my entire career if I hadn’t come across your web page. Your own personal competence and kindness in dealing with all the pieces was vital. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had not come across such a point like this. I am able to at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks very much for the impressive and amazing guide. I won’t think twice to propose the website to any individual who requires direction on this issue.

Albertina

Jordan Hall is an affiliate marketer turned project developer who has introduced a number of internet marketing products over the past few years. Project Fast Cash, his latest product, is a training system that is designed to teach you how to make $200 to $500 a day on the internet. This thing consists of a 3 modules and includes a step-by-step, over the shoulder video method that will give you real examples and actually allow you to see what Mr. Hall is doing and how he does it. It is a mind numbing video in itself but if you try to close the page, it will ask you to stay on the page for a special offer and if you do, you can get his main product for half price. Anyway, here is a link to the video: http://cli.gs/dpl7wxi

Bernita

Has anybody here ever traded currencies and made any money? I stumbled on this video that supposedly shows you how to make quite a bit of money. I is only suppose to take 10 minutes to learn this system. To me, it seems pretty simple and straightforward but I would like a second opinion so if someone could take a look, that would be great. Here is a link to the video: http://bit.ly/v6X5xv